:::: MENU ::::

Mine Yours And Ours

  • Overwhelmingly Candid

  • Brutally honest

  • Uncannily comic

  • M.Y.B.L.A.B.S

On MODIfying, Developing and Changing INDIA

There was a country, a country of spirited and adept men, finding itself in the path of recovery from the heavy blows of imperialistic pas...

Friday, June 11, 2010

I heard this song in F.M .The song kinda impressed me a lot and after reaching home i just checked it out in You-tube.I really fell in love with this song after hearing it couple of times.It is such a Foot-taping number with right mix of music,rendition and lyrics.(I thought it 'll be good if one can get all the versions in a single place and i decided to post ll the available versions here....Of course courtesy You-tube.. :P )...The voice of the artist K'Naan is tranquilizing...All day and night I'm humming this song and even when i get up in the middle of night, the lines of the song go through my mind..(obsessed with the song really....)

I also came across various versions of the song where each one of them proved good in different aspect...I liked some versions for the lyrics(the last time i liked the lyrics was from Miley's The climb..Such a awesome one)... whereas some for the music and some for the mesmerizing voice....I have embedded all the versions i liked...



The following version simply attracted me sheerly coz of its lyrics which reflect the hope and belief that their country(K'Naan's country Somalia)  will be free someday from all the curses like poverty,violence and  dictatorship.The lines are simply too good..Check it out yourself...


When i get older, they'll call me freedom
Just like a Waving Flag.

When I get older, I will be stronger,
They'll call me freedom, just like a Waving Flag,
And then it goes back, and then it goes back,
And then it goes back

Born to a throne, stronger than Rome
but Violent prone, poor people zone,
But it's my home, all I have known,
Where I got grown, streets we would roam.
But out of the darkness, I came the farthest,
Among the hardest survival.
Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Except no defeat, surrender retreat,

So we struggling, fighting to eat and
We wondering when we'll be free,
So we patiently wait, for that fateful day,
It's not far away, so for now we say

WHEN I  GET OLDER, I WILL  BE STRONGER,
THEY"LL  CALL ME  FREEDOM,JUST  LIKE  A WAVING FLAG,
So many wars, settling scores,
Bringing us promises, leaving us poor,
I heard them say, love is the way,
Love is the answer, that's what they say,
But look how they treat us, Make us believers,
We fight their battles, then they deceive us,
Try to control us, they couldn't hold us,
Cause we just move forward like Buffalo Soldiers.

But we struggling, fighting to eat,
And we wondering, when we'll be free
So we patiently wait, for that faithful day,
It's not far away, but for now we say,

When I get older, when I get older
I will be stronger, just like a Waving Flag,
Just like a Waving Flag, just like a Waving flag
Flag, flag, Just like a Waving Flag


Check out this cool one too...


This one is Remix version of K'Naan and Will.i.am..


This one is by Various artist from earthquake struck Haiti...


Finally the football anthem..Awesome to the core....


And Finally in other languages like Arabic with Nancy Anjram and In Spanish by David Bisbal...


2 comments:

Thanks for visiting!